The upcoming Massively Multiplayer first person shooter (MMOFPS) Planetside 2 will be adopting a free-to-play model of revenue. (source)
Game developers promise not only the best free MMOFPS game of 2012 but also the “ultimate online FPS experience.”
Planetside 2 Features:
- Enormous open-world maps featuring massive gameplay space and unique biospheres, punctuated by massive facilities, towers and bunkers
- Persistent conquest warfare facilitated by territory control
- Earn resources to unlock weapon add-ons, vehicle customizations, and more
- No instancing, everything is 100% open world combat
- Battlefields holding up to 2,000 players at the same time
- Deep character customization and personalization
In PlanetSide 2, the sequel to the current MMOFPS Planetside, thousands of players will come together in enormous battles to win control of territory and resources for their empire. With an extensive skill tree and a free-form class-based system, players will be able to customize their soldier, weapons and vehicles to match their play-style, or the needs of their squad, outfit or empire. Battles can last for days or weeks, so players will need to build real alliances and combat outfits to take on long-term strategic and tactical initiatives. With air and ground combat, the battles will be more massive and intense than ever in PlanetSide 2.
There will be a three-way PvP faction war waged but there may also be PvE servers where all factions must team up to fight shared threats. The three factions you can choose from in PlanetSide 2 are the Terran Republic, New Conglomerate and the Vanu Sovereignty.
Please note that this website cannot vouch for the accuracy of all these statements since the game is still in development and any reports made at this time are based on the current reported features of the upcoming MMO. It’s quite possible that the development team may change their minds about some features or content before the launch.
Planetside 2 Trailer
Information is from the official Planetside 2 website: http://www.planetside2.com/ where people can sign up for email updates.