So far Runes of Magic has attracted over 4 million registered users, making it one of the most popular and successful free-to-play MMORPG games on the market.
Runes of Magic Features
- Dual class system with eight classes and unique elite skills
- Player housing and guild castles
- Gripping player-versus-player duels in arenas and on the battlefield
- Guilds can set themselves against each other in formidable guild wars
- In-depth story experienced through more than 2,800 quests
- No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
- Challenging boss-combat in dangerous and extensive dungeons with up to 36 players
- Dual difficulty levels in the most challenging dungeons
- Entertaining mini-games for single players and guilds alike
- Dynamic crafting and customization of items
- Customizable user interface with the option to use add-ons
- In-game auction houses for trading items
How to play: visit the Runes of Magic website and create an account
Runes of Magic Screenshots
Runes of Magic Review
There’s lost of reasons why RoM is so popular – it is very polished and runs smoothly even on mid-end computers; it has tons and tons of content; the graphics are really superb and a bit quirky, not your usual cookie-cutter fantasy at all; and, lastly, it’s free. While it is not particularly innovative, it’s a solid MMO that most gamers, especially first-timers, will enjoy.
Note that this is one game that has frequently been called a WoW clone because it rather looks and feels a bit like that bestselling MMORPG. This can be either good or bad depending on whether you actually want to play a free game like World of Warcraft. Some people like that, some don’t.
Another point to consider is the sheer number of players. RoM has a large and active playerbase which is a big plus.
Runes of Magic official website – visit the RoM website for more information or to start playing